Who else absolutely loves this time of year? Beautiful snow gently falling, the smell of pine in the air, colorful lights everywhere; I just love it!
One other thing I love about this time of year, wearing fun holiday sweaters! Well you can’t host an ugly sweater party without offering holiday drinks! I don’t know about you, but there’s just something special about enjoying a white russian this time of year. To me, they taste like dessert that you want to enjoy while snuggling up next to someone special.
This twist on the traditional white russian will have everyone get into the holiday spirit. Oh and if you’re like my boyfriend who doesn’t like eggnog (Gasps!) don’t worry, just replace the eggnog with more heavy cream. Also, I use Silk Creamer when making these since Steven is lactose intolerance and it’s just as creamy as delicious.
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1 oz coffee liqueur
- 1 oz heavy cream
- .5 oz eggnog
- Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Mix nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar. Pour mixture onto a plate or into a shallow bowl.
- Coat the rim of an old fashioned glass with Cinnamon Simple Syrup. Roll the edge of the glass in mixture, make sure the rim if fully coated.
- Fill the prepared glass with ice cubes. Pour vodka, coffee liqueur, heavy cream and eggnog in glass.
I also like making this drink in these adorable 2.5 ounce mason jar shot glasses my friend got me a few years back. They’re simple, adorable and tastes delicious!
Simply rim the glasses, Pour liquids in a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Shake vigorously and slowly pour into shot glasses. Warning, they aren’t something you necessary want to take a shot of (but no judgement if you do), think they’re just the perfect size for a nice little treat if you don’t want a whole glass. Plus, they look so darn cute!