I’m so excited to share this recipe because I absolutely love this casserole! It’s hearty, delicious and simple to make. What more could you ask for!
My family was not very big on eating fish so I never had tuna casserole until I met Steven. Now I can’t get enough of it! This is definitely a comfort meal that I often crave for.
- 12oz bag of Egg Noodles
- 1 can vegetable broth
- 2 cans of tuna, drained well
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, chopped
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup peas
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook noodles in boiling water as directed
- In a medium pan, sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms with olive oil until onions are translucent
- In a large bowl, add broth, tuna, mayonnaise, peas and sautéd vegetables
- Slowly mix in noodles and seasonings, minus the breadcrumbs.
- Evenly distribute mixture into a nonstick 9 x 13inch pan
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top of casserole
- Bake for roughly 30 minutes or until breadcrumbs brown
- Serve hot and enjoy!