You know what I absolutely love? Coming home from a long day at work and get a delicious whiff of something my boyfriend made while walking through the door.
This Tofu with Peanut Sauce is so tasty, filling, and easy to make! You basically mix everything together and enjoy! And did I mention makes great leftovers?
My boyfriend made chicken to go with his dish, but since I don’t eat me, I’m going to share the vegetarian version.
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3-4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 1.5 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 package of firm tofu
- 1 package rice noodles
- Slice tofu into 8 pieces. Place tofu on a tea towel, wrap up and place between two plates. Put pressure on the plate to weigh down the extra moister (I use a few cans). Let sit for a few hours.
- Cook noodles as directed.
- In a large bowl, whisk all sauce ingredients together, add more water if sauce seems too thick.
- Heat canola oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté tofu until brown on both sides.
- coat tofu slices in sauce. Pour the remainder of the sauce in the the noodles.
- Squeeze lime on top of dish.