Well this is exciting, I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award!
Thanks Katie for picking me! This is so fun, so basically the Liebster Award is given to bloggers from other bloggers. It’s a way to get our blogs out there and share the love! I’m a big believer in Community over Competition so I’m thrilled to be a part of this! Here are the rules:
Post 11 facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions your nominator has asked you
Nominate 11 other bloggers
Ask them 11 other questions
Let them know that you’ve nominated them
Be sure to link up with the blogger who nominated you
So, let’s get to it, shall we? Time to dive in and see my answers and the questions that I’m asking all the bloggers that I nominate to answer themselves.
11 facts about me:
1. I was born and raised in Wisconsin (yes, the beer & cheese state)
2. I have two adorable house rabbits Oscar and Ollie
3. I was a photographer for a daily newspaper but now work in development for a non-profit
4. I LOVE iced coffee…Black, bold and delicious
5. My favorite color is purple
6. I love to travel and try new things
7. My sister and I got a Lion King tattoo before she moved to Portland
8. I’ve had a major crush on Jared Leto ever since watching My So Called Life series at a young age
9. I’m a vegetarian and my boyfriend can’t eat diary so we get creative in the kitchen
10. I love brunch
11. My house is filled with houseplants and picture frames
1. How long have you been blogging? I’ve been blogging for a year and a half.
2. Is there a story behind your blog’s name? If so, what is it? Originally I thought of Pints and Pickles because I enjoy pickling and beer! I’ve expanded the blog and share all kinds of recipes and starting to share other more personal posts.
3. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning and the last thing you do before you go to bed at night? I put on some music (usually I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Huston) to get me going in the morning. And before I go to bed I say goodnight to my bunnies and try to read a chapter of a book to help my brain stop from over thinking (aka not be able to fall asleep).
4. What are five songs you can’t stop listening to? Well I suppose I Wanna Dane With Somebody is one ha. Also Skinny Love by Bon Iver, The entire Cleopatra album by The Lumineers, Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Fare Thee Well by Oscar Issac & Marcus Mumford, and Alaska by Maggie Rogers.
5. What’s your favorite thing to snack on? Anything with peanut butter.
6. What are your favorite stores to shop at? I’d have to say Saint Vincent De Paul and Hobby Lobby.
7. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be and why? Hmm never thought about it but I think Amy Poehler! I am amazed by that woman and think it would be fun to see what a day in her shoes would be like.
8. What’s your favorite restaurant and what’s your go-to order? My boyfriend and I have a special restaurant in Milwaukee called Comet Cafe. Ever since moving to Madison, I’d say Mickey’s Tavern. They have the BEST bloody mary and brunch menu.
9. What’s your favorite holiday? I love Christmas. Even though that time of the year is very crazy in the non-profit world, there’s something special about December; the lights, trees, music, cookies, everyone just seems to be in the holiday spirit.
10. What’s the name of the last book you read? Sarah by J.T. Leroy
11. What’s your favorite vacation spot? There are many place I still hope to visit but I love Colorado! I’m actually heading there in 2 weeks to go camping around the state!
Here are the 11 questions that I’d like the 11 bloggers that I nominate to fill out and post on their blog:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
2. What brings you joy?
3. What is a quote you love?
4. What is your favorite dessert?
5. If you could only hear one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. What is your favorite part about blogging?
7. Who inspires you?
8. What’s your favorite joke?
9. What food best describes your personality?
10. What book are you currently reading?
11. Describe your perfect Saturday morning?
The 11 bloggers that I nominate for the Liebster Award are:
1. Caitlin at Lemonade Press Blog
2. Alyssa at Living in Full Bloom
3.Sarah at DC to a “T”
4. Alana at The Wild Gut
5. Stephanie at Stephii Mattea
6. Ansleigh at Sweet Southern Curls
7. Molly at Molly On The Move
8. Alix at Letters From A Good Friend
9. Megan at The Emotional Baker
10. Emmi at Scout & Wiles
11. Cathleen at A Taste Of Madness
I’m excited to see how you answer the questions and which bloggers you nominate for the Liebster Award!