If you haven’t noticed already, I’m a HUGE fan of soups!
This roasted sweet potato and carrot soup warms us up on chilly days like today but is also great in summer. I love making soup with fresh vegetables straight from the farmer’s market.
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled, quartered and cut in 1/2″ thick slices
- 3 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- olive oil for sautéing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place sweet potatoes, carrots and garlic on a sheet tray. Cut top of onion off and separate the layers, add to sheet. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven to roast for 15 minutes.
- Coat mushrooms with olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add to vegetables. Let roast for another 10 minutes until golden brown and fork tender.
- Place roasted vegetables in blender along with chicken stock. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a medium size pot and place on low heat. Add ground sage and dried oregano. Season to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!