Within the past few years I found a love for mushrooms. They have so much flavor that you barely need to add anything to them!
This recipe is perfect for a simple appetizer or to plate if you’re having a party. Or if you’re like Steven and I, just make to snack on while you’re waiting for the food to get off the grill.
- 16oz white or baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 half of a small sweet onion, minced
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 sprig of rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim ends off mushrooms, then place cap side down on baking sheet.
- Drizzle each cap with olive oil.
- Season tops with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- While mushrooms are roasting, place butter, onions, garlic and rosemary in skillet over medium heat until onions are a golden brown color.
- Top each mushroom with mixture and place back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven, squeeze lemon juice over mushrooms, garnish with parsley.
It’s that easy! Give it a try and let me know what you think! I bet you won’t be able to just eat one.