If you’re new to pickling I suggest starting with this recipe. You’ll be hooked on pickling after you find out how simple it is and how delicious these taste!
The entire process takes about 15 minutes and they taste great on salads, side dish or just as a snack.
- 2 medium-large cucumbers
- 1 head of medium sized garlic, skins removed, cloves smashed
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 bunch of dill
- Slice cucumbers into 1/4 inch slices.
- Add cucumbers, dill and garlic in jars. Leave room for brine.
- To make brine, combine water, vinegar, salt, sugar, peppercorns, cloves and mustard seeds in medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stir until sugar and salt dissolve. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add enough brine in jars to cover the cucumbers.
- Seal tight and store in the refrigerator for at least two days and enjoy!