In the summer time I love grabbing fresh mushrooms at the farmer’s market and making this for a Sunday snack. But for now in this chilly weather, the grocery store is great for this recipe because most of the ingredients we already have at our house.
- 1 lb white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorn
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- Place mushrooms in a large pot filled with water. Bring pot to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- When mushrooms are cooked, strain and set aside.
- Mix water, sugar, salt, bay leaves and pepper in a separate pot and bring to a boil.
- Once sugar and salt dissolves, add vinegar.
- Place jalapeños, garlic and mushrooms in jars.
- Pour the liquid over mushrooms. Seal jars and refrigerate.
- I tend to let them ferment for two days before enjoying but they last for a few weeks in the fridge.