I love pickling jalapeños because it’s simple, fast and goes great with so many meals!
Between tacos, nachos, sandwiches, and even just snacking on them straight out off the jar, I love having pickled jalapeños in our fridge!
- 10 Jalapeños
- 1/2 red onion
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 16 oz jar (I used 2 8oz jars)
- Thinly chop jalapeños and onions. Layer jalapeños, onions and garlic in the jar.
- In a small saucepan heat white vinegar, water, salt, sugar, dry oregano and bay leaves until dissolved.
- Once cooled, pour into jars and seal the tight. It’s that simple! Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours, the liquid will get a slight purple tint to it. Enjoy it straight from the can or add a little heat to your meals.
They usually don’t last longer than two weeks in this home but there’s still a great crunch and flavor to them.