Mmmm who doesn’t love brussel sprouts?!
These pickled sprouts are for all you veggie lovers out there who’s looking for a new way to enjoy these sprouts.
They taste great by themselves or as a garnish for bloody marys.
- 4 cups of brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 dried red chilles
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- Cut ends off of brussel sprouts and remove rough outer leaves.
- Boil in salted water for 10 minutes.
- Strain and set aside.
- In small saucepan, bring vinegar, water, onions, chilles, mustard seeds and peppercorns to a boil.
- Distribute onions evenly in jars. Fill jars with brussels sprouts leaving room on top. Pour brine over the sprouts.
- Store in refrigerator. Let stand for at least 48 hours and enjoy!