My all time favorite comfort food is Mac and Cheese! I’ve mentioned that I’m from Wisconsin right?
I don’t make it all the time but when I do, man is it good! Making them into balls and baking these bad boys is a way more fun way to enjoy mac and cheese.
These overnight baked mac and cheese bites are a perfect leftover dinner.
- 1 batch macaroni and cheese, I made THE Mac and Cheese recipe from That Which Nourishes minus the bread crumbs.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- olive oil
- Place mac and cheese in refrigerator for one hour to cool. Form mac and cheese into large balls, place on sheet. Cover and put in refrigerator over night.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle olive oil on baking sheet.
- Line three bowls in a row. Add flour in the first bowl. In second container, beat egg and milk together. In third bowl, mix bread crumbs and 1 tsp pepper.
- Roll each ball of mac and cheese in flour, then egg and lastly bread crumbs. Make sure the entire ball is covered. Line balls on baking sheet.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Flip each macaroni ball and cook for another 10-15 minutes; you want them to turn golden brown.
- Make a delicious marinara sauce to serve on the side or drizzle on top!
Make a delicious marina sauce for dipping!