So it’s no secret Steven and I LOVE Bloody Mary’s. My favorite are the super spicy ones, good thing for beer chasers! And Steven prefers them on the mild side. Well this summer we have been all about Moscow Mules! They’re delicious, refreshing, very simple to make, and not as heavy as a bloody mary.
The other day Steven came home with our very own copper mugs! Knowing me, I didn’t want to make just plain ol’ Moscow Mules, don’t get me wrong, they’re great but I like putting a spin on the classics. One of our favorite bars tends to add sliced jalapeños in the drink which I just absolutely love. Since Steven isn’t the biggest fan of drinks with a kick, I replaced the cilantro with mint, it adds a sweetness to the drink. Both simple to make and absolutely delicious!
Enjoy sitting back and relaxing with these refreshing Moscow Mules with a kick!
- 1 12oz ginger beer
- 1 lime
- 1 Jalapeño sliced
- 6 sprigs of cilantro, chopped (replace with 8 mint leaves if you prefer a sweeter drink)
- 4oz vodka
- Fill two copper mugs with ice
- Squeeze lime in a cocktail shaker, then add vodka, 4 slices of Jalapeños (remove the seeds if you don’t want it too spicy) and chopped cilantro (or mint leaves) in shaker. Shake for roughly 15 seconds.
- Slowly pour mixture into mugs. Fill the rest of the mugs with ginger beer, stir.
- Garnish with a sprig of cilantro (or mint) and slice of lime.