Alright who else craves a good piece of chocolate around 8:30pm when you’re watching another episode of Cut Throat Kitchen?
Well these delicious little treats can cure anyones craving. Yes, I made them for Valentine’s Day, but honestly who needs a holiday to enjoy treats? I know I sure don’t.
Each one of these delicious treats melt in your mouth. They’re rich, adorable and fun to share!
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- 10 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 7 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1 bag (8 oz) white chocolate chips
- cocoa powder or sprinkles
- Pour cream and coffee in saucepan and place over medium heat. When liquid hits just below boiling, remove from heat and add the dark chocolate. Stir until all the chocolate melts and liquid begins to thicken into a smooth ganache.
- Pour chocolate on baking sheet covered in parchment or aluminum foil. Let ganache harden in refrigerator for an hour.
- Remove hardened ganache from refrigerator. Use cookie cutter to make multiple hearts. Can also roll truffles between the palms of your hands to make round balls.
- Set back in fridge. Melt white chocolate chips either on the stove or in the microwave.
- Take truffles out of the fridge and dip truffle balls in white chocolate. Place toothpicks in heart shaped truffles before coating with white chocolate. Dust truffles with cocoa powder or sprinkles and enjoy!