I am a huge sucker for guacamole. I love the bright colors, fresh smell, and the fact you can taste each ingredient in every bite.
Basically I could easily eat an entire bowl of it in one seating (not ashamed of that). And bonus, it’s very simple to make and doesn’t cost much at the grocery store!
If there’s a party at our house you’ll find a large bowl of guac for you to enjoy. Also if it’s football season, come over and you’ll most likely find a bowl of delicious guac in the fridge waiting for the Packer game to begin.
- 4 avocados
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lime
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop out the insides into a bowl and begin to mash. I prefer mashing with a fork because I like to have a few larger chunks of avocados in my guacamole.
- Mix onion, tomato, garlic and jalapeño into the avocados. Once they are mixed well, add cilantro.
- Add cumin, pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze lime juice, start with half a lime and add more to preference.
- If you don’t plan on serving it right away, keep it covered in the refrigerator. Right before serving, add a pinch of salt and pepper and enjoy!