Who doesn’t love mashed potatoes? With Steven being lactose intolerant (yes, unable to eat dairy in Wisconsin…poor guy), I wanted to make mashed potatoes but without the milk, sour cream and cheese.
The end result is so creamy and full of flavors that you won’t even miss the dairy. And it’s also super easy to make!
- 1 bag of red potatoes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tbs pepper
- 1 bunch of thyme
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut potatoes into quarters and add to pot. Let cook for 25 minutes or until soft. Pour potatoes into a strainer.
- Drizzle olive oil into pot and sauté the onions and garlic until brown. Add chicken broth.
- Once warm, remove from heat and add potatoes. Begin to mash, since I prefer mashed potatoes a bit chunky I use a fork. Add salt, pepper to taste.
- Add thyme before serving and enjoy!