Steven and I get a terrible sweet tooth at night and we try to resist walking over to the ice cream shops near our home. Caramelized pears is an easy (and cheap) way to satisfy our cravings without feeling guilty.
It’s super simple and will easily cure a late night craving.
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 pears peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Melt butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Once melted, add pears and let cook for three minutes or until browned.
- Turn pears, let cook for another three minutes or until brown. Turn pears once more. Add brown sugar an a tablespoon of water. Swirl pan and let cook until thickens, roughly two minutes. Stir in vanilla extract and salt.
- Serve warm, I prefer adding a spoonful of ice cream and drizzling the sauce on top.