My best friend lives by this adorable shop that has over 2,000 cookie cutters and baking supply products! The first time I walked into the store my jaw literally dropped. Rows and rows of cookie cutters. I couldn’t believe how many different types they had- breeds of dogs, different flowers even different types of yoga poses! Well anyways, a few weeks later I received a package in the mail, yes some of us still send each other snail mail 🙂 I smiled from ear to ear when I saw a rabbit and an adorable cactus cookie cutter!
Steven’s absolute favorite treat is rice krispie treats so I thought I could have some fun with that! We try not to use butter if we don’t need to so I followed my favorite rice krispie treats recipe from Jay’s Baking Me Crazy which uses coconut oil instead of butter!
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil (I use Dr.Mercola)
- 1 10.5 oz Bag of marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Green food coloring
- Cactus cookie cutter
- Spray a pan with non-stick spray and set aside. I used a baking sheet to make more treats, but if you want them thicker use a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a large pan, combine coconut oil and marshmallows over medium heat, stir constantly until melted- I spray my spoon with non-stick spray so it doesn't get too messy.
- After marshmallows are completely melted, remove from heat and add a few drops of food coloring- about 4 drops- and mix well.
- Slowly add rice krispies. Mix until all the cereal is evenly coated.
- Spray hands with non-stick spray, or a spatular, and evenly distribute mixture on baking sheet.
- Use the cookie cutter to shape the treats while the mixture is still warm and place on a sheet of wax paper to set.