Yum, yum yum!! What better way to start your weekend with a delicious quiche for brunch! Usually I’m all for throwing what’s in the fridge into a pie crust and call it a day (no shame), but this is so much better and unique! After your first bite of this rich and flavorful dish, you’ll never want a plain jane quiche again.
This recipe is perfect with a light salad on the side or fruit. And look at those colors! Our friends love coming over for brunch, especially when they know Steven’s famous quiche will be served.
- 6 strips of cooked turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 leeks, ends trimmed, washed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 1 frozen 9inch pie crust
- pinch of salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle medium pan with olive oil and sauté leeks over medium heat until tender. Let cool.
- Layer bacon, leeks and tomatoes in bottom of pie crust.
- Mix eggs and cream in bowl with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Slowly pour liquid mixture in pie crust almost to the top.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!