What goes perfect with a lazy Sunday? Fries! Fortunately, we made these delicious baked zucchini “fries” to satisfy our craving without us feeling guilty about staying in our pjs all day. Each bite has a crunch on the outside and a yummy juiciness in the inside that makes it impossible to just have one.
Plus, their very simple to make! Have a bunch of zucchini? Double the recipe and make a whole bunch them to serve at a party!
We love serving them with a spicy garlic aioli as well as other fun dips.
- 2 large or 3 medium zucchini, sliced length wise into sticks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Oil for sautéing
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line up three containers. In one container mix flour, 2 tsp salt. In second container, beat two eggs with a fork. In third container, add Panko, 1 tsp pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Dip each zucchini “fry” into the the flour mix first, then coat all sides in the beaten egg mixture and lastly coat the entire fry with the parmesan cheese mixture.
- Drizzle baking sheet with olive oil and line up the coated fries on sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot
To dip fries in a delicious spicy garlic aioli, just mix all ingredients in a small bowl and enjoy!
I also enjoy dipping these fries in a spicy garlic aioli or mayo mixed with Sriracha. Can never go wrong with a little Sriracha!